Sunday, January 4, 2009

Realizing how little control we have over our lives. It's a tough reality that's settling deep.

One of the hardest things I've ever dealt with is looking into the future or looking back into the past and find myself staring point blank at a question mark.

Learning to let go and drop this fear of the unknown is quite a challenge.

I realize all I can do is do. To be. All I have is now, and clinging to whims and fancies of what may be has gotten me nowhere but stressing.

It's funny how I have in so, so many instances and periods of my life, thought I knew what was ahead, or thought I knew myself. Each time, life unfolded in ways I could never have imagined or dreamed up in a million years. Each time, I found out how wrong I was in thinking I knew what was right for me, when God had other plans.

It's hard to let go of what I've always thought and clung to. but it needs to happen now.

I need to let go and move on with my life. To be in the moment, to make the most of the present.

No comments: