Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's time for a...

Change!

I've never in my life felt a new year start with more promise or more potential to be different from every year previous than this year. I'm sure they've happened before, but not in my 21 years.

With that potential for change comes sacrifice to realize it, and since different things need to be done to get different things to happen, I've decided to do things... well... differently. (Circular but logical, right?)

Over the past couple of days I've been analyzing my habits and comfort zones and seeing which habits work for me and which ones don't. I realized that I really need to break some of these stupid habits that really are holding me back instead of just staying comfortable. In addition to this, instead of my previously overcritical, overly self-demeaning approach to changing things about myself and breaking habits, I've found a couple that are actually indifferent and, actually, DON'T need to be changed for me to be happy. That's pretty cool!

I speak in vast generality so that you can maybe do the same for yourself and apply specificity wherever you see fit. It's gonna be a great and amazing year and there's no reason we should hold ourselves back from letting it be just that, we have enough out of our control to worry about as it is!

In hope, solidarity, advice and triumph,
Russell

No comments: